How to clean and maintain a jute rug: Complete Guide
Jute rug is increasingly appreciated for its natural beauty, durability and eco-friendly aspect. But how do you make sure your rug stays as beautiful as the day you bought it? In this article, we offer you a complete guide to effective cleaning and maintenance of your jute rug.
Why choose jute?
Jute is a natural fiber that is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also environmentally friendly. It is biodegradable, renewable and has a reduced carbon footprint. For those looking for a rug that combines aesthetics and eco-responsibility, the jute rug is the perfect choice.
Detailed steps for cleaning
- Vacuuming: Start by vacuuming your jute rug regularly to remove any dust or dirt that may have become encrusted.
- Stain Management: If your carpet has a stain, avoid using too much water. Use a slightly damp cloth to gently dab the stain.
- Cleaners: For more stubborn stains, a gentle cleaner specifically designed for jute rugs is recommended. Always test on a small hidden area before use.
- Drying: Jute does not like to stay wet. Make sure your rug dries quickly and completely to avoid any damage or mold.
Tips for daily maintenance
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight to prevent fading.
- Turn the rug every 6 months to ensure even wear.
- Protect your rug from excessive moisture, such as spills, by using coasters or immediately blotting up any spilled liquid.
- Never use harsh chemicals or steam cleaners on your jute rug.
A jute rug is a durable and eco-responsible investment that, with the right care, will last for many years. By following these tips, you can enjoy the natural beauty of your rug while ensuring its longevity. To explore more styles and designs, be sure to check out the round jute rug collection.