Matching your bedding set with your rug is difficult, here we explain everything to you
Matching your bedding set with your rug is a real play of harmony and aesthetics that can transform the atmosphere of your bedroom. Who has never been seduced by a bedroom where the patterns of the carpet interact perfectly with the colors of the sheets and cushions?
The art of combining these two key elements of interior design may seem complex, but with a few simple tips, it is within everyone's reach. Whether you have a penchant for oriental , shaggy or contemporary rugs, and whether you opt for a plain bed set, with floral or geometric patterns, we will guide you step by step to create a harmonious and cozy set.
The visual harmony of a room depends above all on the right choice of colors . Whether it's your rug or your bedding set , understanding the basics of color matching is crucial. To begin, it's helpful to refer to a color wheel , a tool that shows the primary colors (red, blue, yellow) and how they mix to create other hues.
Complementary colors , which are opposite each other on the color wheel, tend to work well together. For example, blue and orange or red and green. When choosing a dominant color for your bedding set, consider a rug that might feature a complementary shade.
It's also a good idea to play with analogous colors , which are next to each other on the color wheel. They create a soft and harmonious effect. For example, a green bedding set could go well with a light green or turquoise rug.
Finally, don't forget the importance of neutral shades like beige, gray, or white. They can serve as a basis for balancing brighter colors and offer great flexibility in your decorating choices.
Styles and Patterns
Beyond the colors, the choice of styles and patterns plays a major role in the harmony between your rug and your bedding set . It is essential to have a coherent vision so that these elements complement each other rather than clash.
Here are some tips for combining styles and patterns:
- If you have a plain bedding set , opt for a patterned rug to add dynamism to your bedroom. This creates a nice visual balance.
- Conversely, a patterned bedding set pairs well with a plain rug. This avoids visual clutter and highlights the patterns of the adornment.
- If you like to mix things up, consider combining patterns of different sizes . For example, large patterns on the rug with small, discreet patterns on the adornment.
- Geometric patterns like checks, stripes or circles are timeless and can be combined with various decorating styles.
- More organic patterns, such as flowers or foliage, bring a touch of nature and softness to the space.
Whatever your choice, the important thing is to find a balance that reflects your personality while ensuring a pleasing aesthetic for the room.
When it comes to matching a bedding set with a rug , color and pattern aren't the only things to consider. Indeed, the size of these two elements plays a crucial role in creating a harmonious and proportionate space.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when considering size:
- A rug that is too small can make the room look unbalanced. Be sure to choose a rug large enough so that it extends at least 60 cm from each side of the bed.
- If you have a king-size or larger bed , consider a larger rug to match its size and prevent it from appearing lost in space.
- Round or oval shaped rugs can add a unique touch, but make sure they are large enough so they aren't completely hidden under the bed.
- When selecting a bedding set , think about the fall. If it is too long, it can hide the rug and reduce its visual impact.
- Consider the height of your bed . A taller bed usually requires a larger rug to balance the space.
Remember that the goal is to achieve visual balance. Your rug and bedding set should coexist in the space without one overshadowing the other.
- Incorporate cushions and throws that match the colors or patterns of your carpet to reinforce the harmony.
- For a touch of originality, consider a textured rug , such as a shag rug, paired with a smooth bedding set .
- Decorative elements such as curtains or lamps can serve as a bridge between your rug and your bedding set.
- If you are hesitating between several rugs, place them on the floor and test with your bedding set before making a final decision.